Thursday, July 28, 2005

Home Buyer Tip - Choosing a Neighborhood

Where you live is as important as the house you live in. Consider these items when organizing your list of preferred neighborhoods.

1. Commute: Do I need a quick commute to work? Keep in mind short commutes limit your neighborhood options.
2. My personality: Do I prefer country, suburban or urban living?
3. Family: Is a certain school district important to me? Do I need to live near my elderly parents?
4. Downtime: Do I want to live close to my church or temple or have a short commute to night school?
5. Future zoning and development: Is the park behind my house going to be developed in the future? Does this small town have plans to build a mega-shopping mall?
6. Neighborhood age: What will a new neighborhood look like in 10 years? Am I satisfied with an older neighborhood, knowing it may not change much?
7. Time of day: Does the neighborhood feel the same at night as it does during the day? Is weekend traffic heavier than during the weekday?
8. Extra costs: Can I afford the county or city taxes or any homeowners' association fees?
9. Homeowners' Associations: What are the homeowners' association rules? Are they good for protecting home values?
10. Neighborhood investment: Have the homes in this neighborhood held or increased in value?

Need some help deciding? Let me put my knowledge of the local area to work for you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Property in jaipur said...

its great post ...

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home