Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Rain Dancer

I will never claim to be a Green Thumb…that title belongs to my mother. My thumb is rather, black. Unfortunately, that particular gene was not passed onto me.

However, I try.

Every Spring I head to my favorite nursery’s to purchase bright flowers in hopes of creating my picturesque garden. I water every other day, or every day if it’s extremely hot…succumbing myself to the mosquitoes each evening as they feast upon my blood.

This brings me to my point.

Watering.

As I stood with hose in hand, watering my garden my husband rushes outside to inform me that Indianapolis residents are no longer allowed to water. He looked at me as though I was from Mars, as I did to him. Since I am a California native, I am quite familiar with water rationing. However, I live in Indianapolis and last time I checked there is no water shortage! In fact, there is no water shortage; there is plenty of water. The problem is that the Indianapolis Water Company’s pump stations cannot keep up with the water usage. I can’t help but to be a little ticked off by this.

Don’t get me wrong, I am an advocate of conserving water. With that said, it is very difficult for me to watch my poor flowers cry for help as they suffocate in 97 degree weather. So, I did what only a Green Thumb would do….a rain dance.

Well folks, I got my rain and now I’m a happy little Gardner!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic line... "He looked at me as though I was from Mars, as I did to him."

Since I know the both of you, I can so easily see this happening. I wish I had a camera to cement the moment.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Property in jaipur said...

great post .interesting

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home