Thursday, June 02, 2005

Back from Egypt and back to Blogging!

Sorry I have not written in a while, but my husband and I went on vacation for two wonderful weeks in Egypt. We went on a tour through Grand Circle Travel and during the course of our vacation we toured most of Egypt’s most historical areas: Alexandria, Cairo, Giza, Luxor, Esna, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Aswan, and Abu Simbel. We stayed at the Cairo Marriott hotel for the first week and then we boarded a ship and cruised up the Nile River for the second week.

Basically we were taught 5,000 years of history in two weeks. Now that I am back in Indiana, everything is just finally absorbing. I enjoyed this tour because it not only focused on all the historical sites, but it also united us with the culture, religion, and daily lives of the Egyptian people. It’s amazing how much of their culture has not changed since ancient times.

The first question I have often been asked since my return is “did you feel safe?” YES! Egypt’s #1 economic source is tourism. If there are no tourists, their economy will literally be devastated. They make tourists protection their number one priority. Never once did we feel unsafe. Egyptians are so kind and they absolutely love American’s!

Some people have asked me to post some pictures, so here are a couple of my favorites. I’ll post more later on this site, or another site.

.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home