Tuesday, May 10, 2005

A happy buyer is a knowledgeable buyer

Buying a home for the first time can be very intimidating; however, confidence will surely be gained if you are properly informed about the procedures up front. There are so many forms and decisions to be made…often on the spur of the moment. It is important that your agent sit down with you before you begin looking at homes to help you understand the buying process.

I find this to be a useful tool in my practice. I set aside two hours for all my new buyers in which I discuss with them the entire buying process. Together we discuss every form involved, offers, negotiations, earnest money, home warranties, new construction, FSBO’s, and inspections, as well as the closing process. After our discussion, I send my buyer home with a packet containing copies of all the forms and urge them to read over them again.

Why do I do this? The number one complaint from buyers about their agents is lack of information and confusion when making an offer.

I want my buyers to be well informed and understand that when purchasing a home time is often of the essence. Therefore, if my buyer has reviewed all the forms prior to making an offer they will feel more relaxed, knowledgeable and less stressed during the buying process. This also helps make the entire transaction smoother for all parties involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home