Monday, April 18, 2005

My Introduction

I guess it is best that I first introduce myself to you…my name is Christina Woerner and I am a Realtor in Indianapolis, Indiana (the home of the Indy 500 for those not exactly sure where Indiana is). This is my Blog in which I will share with you my life as a Realtor, a home owner, as well as interesting Real Estate news with periodic guest writers within my industry. In fact, I believe that I am one of the first Real Estate Blogs in Indiana!

First, I would like to share some background information about me. I relocated myself seven years ago to Indiana. I am a California native; born and raised in “the Valley”. Now, there are several “Valley’s” in California, but we Natives only refer to one VALLEY – the San Fernando Valley. Yes, I am a Valley Girl. Throughout the past several years my family has slowly migrated with various jobs and retirement to the Midwest. So, to answer your question, “Why would I ever move to Indiana?”- My answer is… family. I love California, however, Indiana is simply a great place to live and raise a family. Two years ago, I actually considered moving back to California, but love got the best of me and my Indiana bred boyfriend proposed. We got married September 18, 2004. Now, I am a “Hoosier”. Once I know the true definition of what a Hoosier truly is, I will inform all of you.

One can say that Real Estate is in my blood. Both of my sisters are Realtor’s, my father used to sell Real Estate, my Aunt and Uncle own two real estate offices in which both my cousins sell out of and I have another Aunt who works as their Mortgage officer. We all work for opposing companies…how’s that for an interesting dinner conversation? I am an agent with Carpenter Realtors (Update: In March 2006 I left Carpenter Realtors and joined Keller Williams Realty). Besides selling real estate, I also worked in Carpenter's Relocation Division for five years where I handled Corporate Transferee’s, their homes, as well as Foreclosures. This has allowed me to see the good, bad, and ugly of real estate.

As I mentioned earlier, I am a newlywed. I often joke with my husband (well…it’s really not a joke, but the truth) that he is both my IT and Marketing Department in one. I couldn’t ask for a better husband. He is as an Acquisition Editor for Wiley Publishing. He works on the Dummies line….needless to say, I have a lot of yellow and black books lying around! We are very fortunate that life has given us some wonderful opportunities and at the end of the day can come home (stressed) and say we enjoy our professions. Not many people can say that these days.

We have a strong passion for travel. Our goal in life is to step foot on every continent. It is very humbling to travel outside of the U.S.A. and learn how other cultures live. This is a subject I feel passionately about and I will often share these experiences with you. Besides travel, I love reading, writing, animals (especially cats), and anything to do with the Ocean.

This is me in a nutshell and I welcome you to make comments, questions, or share your own stories on my site. My goal is to help you get acquainted with me and Indiana real estate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jef Rice said...

Hi Christina,

I really enjoyed reading articles on your real estate blog. You have a good point of view. I would love to hear your opinion on our new service - www.gumiyo.com. Let me give you the quick rundown. We are the latest and greatest Mobile-focused Classified Ads site on the internet.

Here's how it works:

As a listing agent, you can post your properties to www.gumiyo.com using a traditional web browser - or text messaging from your phone. Since everyone knows how to login to a site and post an item there, I will focus on the phone process.

Here is what you do:
1. take pictures or video of your property with your camera in your phone.
2. Send post@gumiyo.com a message with your pics/video attached. Include a title and description of the post.
3. We post your listing for free AND we send your listing to about 10 different services like Trulia, Google ® Base, Froogle ®, Lycos, Oodle, Edgeio, Vast, and many other local classified sites.

Then you can obviously login to www.gumiyo.com and add more detail to you listing - or use our newest feature called Tell-A-Friend®. It will allow you to announce your listing to all of your friends by pulling in your contacts from gmail or yahoo mail systems. This will save you money and time announcing your new listings to the world.

When prospective buyers come to www.gumiyo.com - they don't browse or search like in the olden days... they create Gumiyo Alerts®. These are like automated shopping bots that seek out items on behalf of buyers. When a watched item becomes available, we send a text message to the buyer on their mobile phone. Yep, I said it -- not their computer... We send it to the device they carry everywhere they go.

They can then respond directly to you via text -- so you get an immediate qualified lead to your phone -- OR -- they can use our 'Pass it On' feature. 'Pass it On' allows them to tell their friends about your listings too... I mean, the alerted person might not like the house - but they might know someone who does. So they send their friend a text message -- and the process continues.

No matter how it happens, the results are the same: You get well-qualified leads sent directly from your phone. And you keep from having to spend your entire day in front of a computer. Pretty nice.

Check www.gumiyo.com out - and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly. I would love to hear feedback on our offering.

P.S. We have more surprises concerning social advertising we plan on unveiling in the next couple of weeks - so keep yourself informed at blog.gumiyo.com

Thanks,

Jef Rice
Customer Experience
www.gumiyo.com

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home